This week we’ve determined to speak about the best way to pivot into a brand new profession. We’ve been via a sequence of shifting job descriptions for fairly just a few years at this level, and I think about there are fairly just a few individuals who get a job and notice it’s not fairly what they need to be doing.
We’re additionally speaking a bit about our personal upcoming pivot into a brand new podcast! The School Data Geek Podcast will finish after episode 300, to get replaced by one thing shiny and new. That shiny, new podcast will proceed to take type as we get nearer to the date, and I think about we’ll give much more particulars because it approaches.
Issues talked about on this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With hundreds of programs in a variety of various expertise, Skillshare may also help you are taking issues to the subsequent degree. Should you’re one of many first 500 to make use of this hyperlink, you may also get began with 2 free months of limitless studying (together with Thomas’ new Behavior-Constructing class!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Sensible: Speed up your studying in math, science, and laptop science. Begin studying at no cost at Sensible.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and in the event you’re one of many first 200 individuals to make use of this hyperlink, you’ll additionally get 20% off your subscription.
Different issues we talked about on this episode:
- 2019 12 months in Overview (Plus Our Plans for 2020) (Ep. 285)
- Linus Tech Recommendations on YouTube
- Paul Graham’s Having Children article
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You, by Cal Newport
- Thomas’ Behavior-Constructing course on Skillshare
- How you can Finances Your Cash With out Slicing Espresso (Ep. 174)
- A Crash Course on How you can Begin Investing (Even If You’re in Debt) (Ep. 168)
- Nerd Health
- Sensible Passive Earnings
- Jenny Blake on YouTube
- Hear Cash Issues
Need extra cool stuff? You’ll find all types of nice instruments at my Assets web page.
- 0:01:33 – Ideas on our future podcasting
- 0:17:02 – Deviating from our majors and contemplating a brand new profession
- 0:34:08 – Sponsor: Sensible (Studying problem-solving expertise)
- 0:37:25 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Studying new expertise)
- 0:39:57 – Transitioning to a brand new space
- 0:55:28 – Martin’s recreation dev
- 0:59:05 – Shifting away from School Data Geek
- 1:20:58 – Constructing relationships with individuals you admire
- 1:29:16 – Recap and conclusion
Should you loved this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s straightforward, you’ll get new episodes robotically, and it additionally helps the present achieve publicity You too can depart a assessment!
Right here’s a picture for sharing this episode on social media:
RSS is cool and all, however you may also view the unique submit right here: How you can Change Careers (Ep. 287)
How you can Change Careers (Ep. 287) – Online MBA No GMAT