Being extra related than ever comes with penalties.
Well, it’s not all unhealthy. It additionally comes with extra alternatives than ever earlier than. But nonetheless, penalties.
It’s comparatively easy to interview remotely and land a job on the opposite aspect of the nation. It’s even easier to only work remotely and minimize out the shifting course of fully. This implies that for essentially the most fascinating alternatives, you’re in all probability competing with excess of simply the native expertise pool.
In this type of an surroundings, standing out from the group is extra essential than ever. In a pile of 1,00Zero resumes, you may’t afford to be simply one other one.
Things talked about on this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 27,00Zero programs in a variety of various expertise, Skillshare may also help you are taking issues to the following stage. Get began with 2 free months of limitless studying (together with Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your studying in math, science, and pc science. Start studying totally free at Brilliant.org/FacultyInfoGeek — and for those who’re one of many first 200 individuals to make use of this hyperlink, you’ll additionally get 20% off your subscription.
Other issues we talked about on this episode:
Want extra cool stuff? You can discover all kinds of nice instruments at my Resources web page.
- 0:08:56 – The AIDA Framework
- 0:22:23 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new expertise)
- 0:25:15 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving expertise)
- 0:27:13 – Getting the correct of consideration
- 0:39:00 – Things you shouldn’t do to get consideration
- 0:44:51 – Going to networking occasions
- 0:49:53 – Writing a canopy letter
- 1:00:52 – Making first impression
- 1:11:33 – Conclusion
If you loved this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s straightforward, you’ll get new episodes mechanically, and it additionally helps the present acquire publicity 🙂 You also can depart a evaluation!
Here’s a picture for sharing this episode on social media:
How to Stand Out from the Competition – Online MBA No GMAT